Volunteering is an inspirational and rewarding experience, helping to bring the event to life for thousands of runners and spectators. We couldn’t do what we do without your help and smiling faces.
What roles are available?
We have a number of roles available, which vary from helping with the baggage trucks to handing out Race Packs, manning a water station, way-finding, or helping out in our exciting Beach Village on Brighton Beach. It’s not just on the Sunday either, we have an entire week of activity that requires support from our volunteer teams.
Click below to find out more and sign up.Find out more
Medical Volunteers: There are a number of medical volunteer roles available. Please find out more by clicking here.
- Official Volunteer Hoodie
- Learn about the event and volunteering at our group training sessions
- Meet new people and network
- Excellent (and rewarding) team building opportunities
- A healthier, happier you! Research shows that volunteering is good for our wellbeing
Why I volunteer every year…
Dawn Paul returns to volunteer with us every year – here’s why...
Why I’m volunteering
I love feeling a part of the event and I always learn new skills and meet some wonderful people.
Favourite thing about Brighton Marathon Weekend:
Being part of an amazing team and knowing I’ve had a part in making people’s dreams come true.
What are you looking forward to the most?
Meeting friends I only see at this time of year and seeing everyone nervously coming to collect their race numbers and listening to their inspirational stories.
Advice to anyone else who is volunteering this year?
Plan ahead so you know where you’re meant to be and when, and always remember that whatever your job is on the day, you are helping make so many dreams come true. So smile, relax and have fun.
Volunteering as a Group
We are looking for a number of groups to join us at the Brighton Marathon Weekend, to work in group specific roles and key locations at the event.
- Perfect team building exercises for groups such as churches, companies, schools, clubs, friends and family.
- Exciting and unique chance to be a part of a large scale event, working behind the scenes.
- Supporting our runners is extremely rewarding and sometimes emotional! They simply cannot do it without you.
There are opportunities available for groups of different sizes, ranging from 5 to 50 people (or more if there’s a lot of you!) Get in touch.
With thanks to American Express for backing the Volunteer Team in 2020