Information for participants taking part in the virtual Brighton Marathon or virtual BM10k
Using the Mobile App to register your distance(s)
All virtual participants will need to register their distances on the Brighton Marathon Weekend Mobile App in order to complete their challenge.
The app will allow you to see your allocated race number, log your runs towards your target distance, take selfies with personalised frames to share on your run and more…
- Your virtual challenge must be undertaken between 30th September – 18th October 2020
- Download your Virtual Instructions here
Brighton Marathon – full virtual distance
Participants who wish to take on the full 26.2 miles virtually, will be able to achieve the distance remotely between 30th September and 18th October. You can by opting for one of the below distance categories:
Distance categories available:
There will be four distance category options available to you when you register, that allow you to run the marathon in varying ways.
- 1 x virtual 26.2 mile
- 1 x virtual 20 mile + 1 x virtual 6.2 mile
- 2 x virtual 10 miles + 1 x virtual 6.2 mile
- 4 x virtual 5 miles + 1 x virtual 6.2 mile
All those who complete their 26.2 miles will be sent their Brighton Marathon medal upon completion of the full distance and after the event closes.
BM10k – full virtual distance
Participants in the BM10k who wish to transfer to take on 10km virtually, will be able to do so in one 10k virtual run from wherever they are.
All those who complete their 10k will be sent their BM10k medal upon completion of their distance and after the event closes.
All virtual participants will be sent race packs in the post by 30th September containing items for the virtual element. (If you are taking part in The Edit, you will also receive items for event day, which will be listed in the Participant Instructions.)
If you are taking part in a virtual event, your Race Pack will include:
- A race bib to wear on your virtual runs
- An official event T Shirt
- Supporter and motivational tips for your virtual runs
- Instructions for your virtual challenge
- Goody bag including hydration products from HIGH5