Date posted: 26 July 2019
Deadline: 26 August 2019
Hours: Full time
Salary: Please provide details on your current remuneration and / or salary expectation
The Grounded Events Company, organisers of mass participation sporting events including the Brighton Marathon Weekend and Ragnar Relay UK, is looking for an experienced event professional to become the Head of our Production Department.
Reporting to the Event Director, this role will be based in Brighton and will involve heading up the delivery of an expanding portfolio of events from event development through to debrief.
The GEC production team is made up of a number of production managers focusing on specific areas of our event delivery – workforce, procurement, contractor management; and a series of specialist freelancers focusing on key areas of event delivery: CAD, Traffic Management, Health and Safety.
The Head of Production will manage this team throughout the event cycle, ensuring the right personnel are in place to deliver our events.
The Head of Production will be responsible for maintaining all event schedules, event budgets, maintaining key relationships and will support the Event Director with key decision making.
Good team management skills are essential, with a broad appreciation of all aspects of event delivery required, including event development and planning as well as on-site experience.
- Day to day management of production department
- Management of key event stakeholders
- Management of key event personnel
- Oversee health and safety plans and risk assessment procedure
- Schedule management
- Budget management
- Contractor management
- 3 years’ working in the mass participation endurance sports industry
- Must have held a senior position within a production team at a large-scale event
- Experience of managing a large team
- Knowledge and experience of working on closed roads events would be beneficial
- Strong communication skills and able to perform well under pressure
- Independent and innovative
- Organised with a logical and considered approach
- A strong team player who is also able to work autonomously
- Have energy and commitment to getting the job done
Working with us
Working at Grounded Events Company we are a small but extremely hard working, committed and conscientious team of people.
We believe in pulling together, sharing ideas, innovating and striving to produce events of international quality and status.
The following are key values of GEC.
- Creativity: Never be scared to think outside the box or make new suggestions
- Passion: Have a passion for the work you are doing with a drive to learn and develop
- Support: Embrace others views and needs and support team members
- Collaboration: Working as one team in the office and on-site, when the team expands to include freelancers, volunteers and consultants
- Innovation: use analysis, debriefs and feedback to drive event development on all levels, from communications to production and marketing
- Communication: Be open with your team to allow better productivity and a positive working environment
- Accountability: Plan, implement, and be responsible for the results
- Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme
- Gym Membership: We offer membership to a number of Gyms
- Excellent coffee and Friday beer o’clock
- Offices a stones throw from the beach
- Time off in lieu of event weekends
How to apply
You must be available to work over all event weekends, in particular the Brighton Marathon Weekend, 17-19 April 2020
Closing date for applications is 26th August.
Please be available for interviews week commencing 2nd September.
Please send an up-to-date CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing why you think you should be considered for this role. Please also provide details on your current remuneration and / or salary expectation, your notice period if currently under a contract; and the names and contact details for two referees (referees will not be contacted until final interview stage).