We have implemented several procedures to ensure that we are a COVID-19 compliant event:
• 1 spectator per participant
• Staggered waves, set off in socially distanced pulses
• Regular hand sanitiser points
• Staff in PPE
• Separate start and finish areas on Hove Lawns will allow for social distancing
• Race packs and t-shirts posted to reduce contact points
• No water stations on course to reduce contact points
• No baggage facilities to reduce contact points
• No food or drink stands, to reduce dwell time and contact points
We have purposefully chosen this route as it minimises disruption to the city and we know that in October the port does not attract large numbers of public, making it easier to support social distancing.
Hove Lawns will play host to separate Start and Finish Areas but due to the current Covid -19 guidance there will not be an Event Village in the usual Brighton Marathon Weekend fashion. There will not be any food & drink stalls or retail, to reduce dwell time and contact points, and maintaining social distancing.
We will not have a mass start process as seen at most road running events. Instead we will have 8 staggered start waves starting from wide corrals, with 5 staggered pulse starts within each wave to enable social distancing.