Brighton Marathon Weekend 2020 Deferral Policy
If you are a Brighton Marathon/BM10k/BM Ride 2020 entrant who is unable to participate on Sunday 20th September, you have the option to defer your entry for free to Sunday 18th April 2021.
- To defer your entry, you will need your 2020 Confirmation Number and you must complete the online Deferral form by 23:59 on Wednesday 15th April 2020.
- Due to the postponement of the Brighton Marathon Weekend 2020, if you deferred from 2019 to 2020, then we will also allow you to defer your entry to 2021.
If you do not complete the form prior to Wednesday 15th April then the policy below applies:
- Please note that BM10k and BM Ride entries are no longer deferrable.
- To defer your entry, you will need your 2020 Brighton Marathon Confirmation Number and you must complete the online Deferral form by 17:00 on Wednesday 16th September. Any attempt at deferment after this time will not be considered and there will be no extensions to this date under any circumstance.
- You will be sent a unique code via email only and specific to your deferral request, to be used by only you. This will give you £15 discount on the price of entry at the time of your 2021 registration. You MUST complete your 2021 registration before the date of midnight, 2021 – failure to do so will result in loss of entry.
- You can only defer your place once. If you have already deferred your place from the 2019 race to the 2020 race you cannot defer your place again.
You cannot defer your entry if you have entered through a charity – please contact your charity directly if you are no longer able to participate in the 2020 event.