Date posted: 20th June 2019
Closing date: 19th July 2019
The Grounded Events Company, organisers of mass participation sporting events, including the Brighton Marathon Weekend and Ragnar Relay UK, is looking for an experienced Communications Manager to lead the management, delivery and reporting of all outgoing event/company communications.
We require a full-time, social media and email communications specialist, someone who understands the ever-changing world of social media and its developments and how to create engaging content and marketing campaigns.
This role requires ownership, creativity, proactivity, project management, analytical / reporting skills, attention-to-detail and relationship nurturing with stakeholders and partners.
You will collaborate with the rest of the team including:
- Brand, Event Relations, Production and Marketing to ensure all event / participant / sponsor / charity / marketing messaging is factored into communication plans across email and social media channels.
- Web and Graphic designer on technical and design needs to support communication efforts including digital ads, campaign assets, web site assets.
Roles specifics and responsibilities:
- Creating and scheduling social posts and emails in line with the broader communication schedules and marketing campaigns
- Creation of engaging content with excellent attention to detail / spelling & grammar
- Creating, managing and reporting of paid social and online advertising campaigns (mainly using Facebook Ads Manager) using insight and analysis to develop social media activity that targets, engages and drives results
- Managing email databases according to GDPR best practice
- Collaborating with stakeholders and partners to ensure contracted content is delivered with engaging content, across social and email
- Experience of using Hootsuite or similar social media listening and planning tool
- Maintaining your department’s budgets
- Google Analytics reporting – web traffic, ad engagement etc
- Email campaign reporting – clicks, open rates etc
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience working in a similar role, ideally within the sports sector or on mass participation events.
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience of social media marketing & advertising with a creative and results driven / analytical approach.
Have experience of email creation, scheduling and reporting using email tools such as Mailchimp or Salesforce (training will be given on Salesforce)
- Have a working knowledge of Google Ads including goal set up and reporting
- Be proactive with a meticulous and organised approach to your work and adept at managing multiple projects and timelines.
- Good at listening and communicating with colleagues, stakeholders and different audiences.
- Able to demonstrate excellent copy writing/editing skills.
- Able to adapt and understand multiple audiences. E.g. Runners (marathon, 10k) cyclists, adults, children, families.
- Be creative – always suggesting and thinking of new ideas.
- Be a strong team player who is also able to work autonomously.
- Have energy and commitment to getting the job done.
- Experience of Adobe design products including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier and Flash
- Knowledge of Salesforce email marketing systems (however training will be given if not)
Working at Grounded Events Company
We are a small but extremely hard working, committed and conscientious team of people. We believe in pulling together, sharing ideas, innovating and striving to produce events of international quality and status. The following are key values of GEC.
Creativity: Never be scared to think outside the box or make new suggestions
Passion: Have a passion for the work you are doing with a drive to learn and develop
Support: Embrace others views and needs and support team members
Collaboration: Working as one team in the office and on-site, when the team expands to include freelancers, volunteers and consultants
Innovation: use analysis, debriefs and feedback to drive event development on all levels, from communications to production and marketing
Communication: Be open with your team to allow better productivity and a positive working environment
Accountability: Plan, implement and be responsible for the results
We also offer fantastic coffee, Friday downtime from 4pm-ish (beer / wine o clock), gym membership and offices by the sea!
How to apply
You must be available to work over all event weekends, in particular the Brighton Marathon Weekend, 17-19 April 2020.
- Closing date for applications is 19th July.
- Please be available for interviews week commencing 29th July.
Please provide an up-to-date CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing why you think you should be considered for this role. Please also provide details on your current remuneration and / or salary expectation; and the names and contact details for two referees (referees will not be contacted until final interview stage).
At GEC, we want to ensure that we celebrate diversity in our workforce as well as bringing different perspectives to our business.
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. As your experience grows you will be expected to suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. This spec summaries the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform.