We’re Mind, the mental health charity. We believe that no one should have to face a mental health problem alone. We’re here for you. Today. Now. Whether you’re stressed, depressed or in crisis, we’ll listen, give support and advice and fight in your corner.
1 in 4 people will experience a mental health problem in any given year and it is estimated that only 25% of people with mental health problems receive support each year.
Join the movement for better mental health and take on the Brighton Marathon! By running for us you will help us to continue providing vital services to anyone struggling to get the support they need.
As part of #TeamMind you will be welcomed to our running community and looked after by our dedicated events team who will be on hand to support you every step of the way. We’ll send you a welcome pack and be in touch regularly with email updates and information about our work. You’ll also receive:
- An exclusive, free Mind running vest to wear proudly on the day
- A copy of our ‘Ready for Anything’ fundraising guide to help you raise as much as you can
- Training tips – whether you are a seasoned runner or a first timer we have something for everyone!
- Online support in our private Mind running Facebook group – a safe space to share training and fundraising tips, e-meet your teammates before the big day and form long-term friendships with like-minded others
- An invitation to our post-race reception which includes a massage and refreshments
Last year over 510,000 people used local Mind services. Our helplines provided a listening ear to over 76,000 callers, empowering them to make informed choices about their mental health. Our online information was accessed nearly 16.7 million times. And we had over 60,000 people registered on our online support community Elefriends, a 48% increase on the previous year.
We are aiming to raise £300,000 from the Brighton Marathon, which would be a huge help to us in supporting this ever growing demand for services, so we can help even more people.
It could make a significant difference to the lives of so many. Here are some examples of what it could do:
£50,000 could make sure we are able to run our Elefriends service for 1,430 hours ensuring people have access to a safe and supportive online community
£100,000 could allow us to send essential information booklets about mental health to 400,000 people
£150,000 could enable us to support 500 young people bereaved by suicide to access 1:1 and group support
So sign up today with Team Mind. Join us, be a #BrightonHero and help make sure no one faces a mental health problem alone.
Please get in touch with us on [email protected] or call 0300 999 3887.