When signing up for the Brighton Marathon or BM10k, all participants agreed to collect their Race Pack from the Event Village on the Friday or Saturday before Race Day.
Collecting your Race Pack will give you peace of mind that you are ready for Race Day and give you a chance to enjoy all the excitement and anticipation ahead of the big day with thousands of fellow participants.
Where and when?
The Race Pack Collection marquee will be located in the Event Village on Brighton beach, just east of Brighton Palace Pier. Head to the pier and walk along the prom towards the Marina. There will be limited parking in the immediate area, so we advise walking or taxi drop off.
Race Pack Collection will be available at the below times for the 2019 event:
- Friday 12th April: 11am – 7pm
- Saturday 13th April: 10am – 7pm
(If you live in Brighton or close by, please try to visit on the Friday to avoid longer queue times.)
When you arrive, queuing lanes will be clearly marked and you should choose the lane that is relevant to your event. Once inside the marquee choose the lane according to your predicted finish time, now you have completed your training.
What is in my Race Pack?
- Your paper race number and safety pins to attach it to your top
- Timing chip for your shoe (you get to keep this after the race)
- Kit bag for the baggage lorries (Every participant in the Brighton Marathon will receive an official kit bag with their Race Pack. More info on baggage will be available in your Participant Instructions, which will be issued in 2019.)
- BM10k and Brighton Marathon participants will also receive an official race T-shirt.
Further information on these items and how to use them will be included in the Participant Instructions, which will be sent to you ahead of the day by email and available on the ‘Participant’ page on the web site.
What do I need to bring?
- Your confirmation email / QR code
- This was sent to you when you signed up and will be from ‘Grounded Events’. Please either bring a printed paper copy or save it to your iPhone / smartphone to show to our staff.
- Your runner confirmation email will be re-sent to you by email before the event. Check back for send dates here.
- If you still haven’t received this by Wednesday 4th April, please first check your junk mail / clutter or social inboxes before contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
- When the mobile app is ready to download (around March 2019) you will also be able to sign in to your Active account here and access your QR code on your phone for pack collection
- A photo ID (such as a passport or drivers licence)
- A colour photocopy will be acceptable. If you do not have a photo ID, please bring with you 2 x proofs of address dated within three months e.g. a utility bill or bank statement
Best Times to Visit
11am – 1pm BUSY – expect queues
1pm – 5pm SHORT WAIT TIME
5pm – 7pm MODERATE WAIT TIME
10am-12pm MODERATE WAIT TIME
12pm – 2pm SHORT WAIT TIME
2pm – 7pm BUSY – expect queues
If you can’t collect your Race Pack
If due to unforeseen circumstances, you are unable to collect your Race Pack, you can arrange for a friend or family member to collect it for you. The person picking up your Race Pack must present:
- The runner’s confirmation email (this is the email that includes a QR code)
- Written authorisation for the collector to collect the pack, signed by the runner – you can download a Race Pack release form here
- A colour copy or original of the runner’s photo ID and a note of the runner’s postal address
- That person must also present his/her own photo ID
For any other queries about your pack – if you lose it, or it is missing anything, please head to the Information Point within the Event Village or at the Start on Race Day.