BRIGHTON MARATHON WEEKEND, 12 – 14 APRIL 2019
We are seeking an enthusiastic and energetic team to join us as part of our new team of Marathon Makers who will be based within the Event Village for the 2019 event.
The Event Village is a three day event site open from Friday 12th April to Sunday 14th April located on Madeira Drive, adjacent to the Brighton Marathon and BM10k Finish Lines.
It is here we welcome thousands of runners and supporters to come and enjoy an array of local food and drink concessions, retailers, seek pre-race training advice as well as collect participant running packs for each of the weekend’s events. The Event Village is also the perfect spot for families to relax during race day as well as re-unite with friends and families post-race.
The Marathon Makers will support the management of the Event Village as part of the wider event team, overseeing a number of key areas; management of event stewards, movement of public around the site as well as being the face of the event, supporting with questions and queries from the public.
This is a new team, joining an ever-growing Brighton Marathon Event Team who will report in to the Event Village Event Manager.
Reporting to: Event Manager, Event Village
- Being the face of the event; supporting the public with questions, queries and wayfinding
- Support with the direction of the flow of public through the Event Village throughout the day, both access and egress
- Assist safety officers through monitoring of crowd flow and reporting of issues in to event control. Reconfigure event infrastructure such as barrier lines and signage as directed to remedy any problems
- Tbc February: Initial Meeting
- Tbc March: Final Briefing Meeting
- 11th April: Briefing / Site orientation day
- 12th to 14th April: Dates on site (live event days)
Team BM kit to be issued:
- Event Team T-shirt for each live day on site
- Event Team jumper
- Event Team jacket
- £50 per meeting
- £75 day rate
- £37.50 half day rate
How to Apply:
- Please email our Workforce Manager, Shelley Tregidga, with a covering letter detailing why you would like to join the team and any relevant experience by Friday 1st February 2019. Shelley Tregidga – email@example.com