- A deferred entry will guarantee you a place in the Brighton Marathon the following year with a 20% discount
- The deferral process guarantees your discounted entry but is NOT automatic.
- When you have deferred, you will be sent an invitation after the 2019 event to sign up for 2020, which you must complete by the given deadline. Please look out for this email.
- Your 20% discount will apply to the entry price that is offered at the time you sign up. Please note, this may be higher than the price offered when entries first open so be sure to sign up as soon as possible
- Charity runners may not defer using this form – if you can no longer take part and are registered through a charity, please contact them directly.
Brighton Marathon 2019 Deferral Policy
If you are a Brighton Marathon 2019 entrant who is unable to run on Sunday April 14th, you have the option to defer your entry.
Please Note: If you defer your entry you will be given a guaranteed place in the 2020 Brighton Marathon provided you complete the 2020 registration by the end of May 2019 and pay the relevant entry fee.
1) To defer your entry, you will need your 2019 Brighton Marathon Registration ID and you must complete the online Deferral Request form before 5:00pm on Friday 12th April, 2019. Any attempt at deferment after this time will not be considered and there will be no extensions to this date under any circumstance.
2) You MUST enter before the date of midnight, Thursday 31st May 2019 – failure to do so will result in loss of entry. You will receive an entry invitation via email only and specific to your deferral request, to be used only by you. This will give you £15 discount on the price of entry at the time of your 2020 registration.
3) Your 2019 deferral to the 2020 Brighton Marathon will be compared to the 2019 results to confirm your non-participation in the event.
4) You can only defer your place once. If you have already deferred your place from the 2018 race to the 2019 race you cannot defer your place again.
You cannot defer your entry if you have entered through a charity – please contact your charity directly if you are no longer able to participate in the 2019 event.
If you do not receive your email with your deferral invite please contact us as soon as possible (No later than Thursday 31st May 2019) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any request after this date will not be considered and will result in loss of entry