As well as a new, later start time of 9:45am, the Brighton Marathon course will see a few changes for the 2018 event. Please scroll down for more details.
Reasons for changes in 2018
- For the thousands of participants who travel to the start on Race Day from outside of the city, the new start time of 9:45am will increase public transport options and offer a more convenient timeframe in which to arrive ready and prepared to run.
- To improve our runners’ experience by removing narrow sections of the route
- North Street and St James’ Street will not be included in the routes. While these are fantastic locations for crowd support, this will reduce the negative impact for many residents and traders on Race Day.
- Brighton Buses will be able to maintain their usual Race Day service
- An updated map will be published here in coming months, which will display water stations, fuel stations, toilets, first aid and cheer points.
- The Withdean Start is for invited faster athletes only – the mass start is still at Preston Park.